Sunday, June 9, 2013

REVIEW: Iron Man, Volume One: Believe

PLOT: Tony Stark is Iron Man: Technological visionary, wealthy playboy, unparalleled engineer, and armored Avenger. But in one terrifying instant, his greatest invention becomes his greatest mistake. The lethal techno virus Extremis is out in the wild and out for grabs to the highest bidder! Introducing the Circle, a mysterious high-tech brotherhood of mech-knights, as Tony's hunt for the rogue Extremis Units takes him to the island of New Camelot! As he dogfights the secret Russian Black Exoskeleton Academy's greatest pilot, Iron Man must act fast...and Tony Stark must build faster! It's up to Tony to contain Extremis, and that means creating a new suit of armor...NOW!

REVIEW: This is my first go at any of the new Marvel NOW! titles, and I can't say I was all that impressed. The story revolves around Extremis, which seems to be all that Iron Man is about in 2013 and I'm just going to guess that that has something do with Iron Man 3. The story in this volume was just pretty mediocre in my opinion. It wasn't very fun to read, and I can't say it was all that easy to keep track of either. The only thing I can recall liking was in the first issue contained within, where Tony Stark uses a liquid metal suit that just looks really cool on the page. The book is nice, the art is passable, but I just couldn't find myself interested in the story of Iron Man here. I haven't been a huge fan of any of Kieron Gillen's work so that may be the problem. I would say give it a read if you're just a die-hard Iron Man fan and you have to check this out, otherwise it can wait until you don't have much else left to read.

WRITING : ( 4 / 10 )
ARTWORK : ( 6 / 10 )
STORY : ( 3 / 10 )
COVERS : ( 7 / 10 )
AWESOME : ( 3 / 10 )
FINAL RATING : ( 4 / 10 )

No comments:

Post a Comment