Monday, July 22, 2013

REVIEW: Doctor Who: The Clockwise Man

PLOT: In 1920s London the Doctor and Rose find themselves caught up in the hunt for a mysterious murderer. But not everything is what it seems. Secrets lie behind locked doors and inhuman killers roam the streets. Who is the Painted Lady and why is she so interested in the Doctor? How can a cat return from the dead? Can anyone be trusted to tell - or even to know - the truth? With the faceless killers closings in, the Doctor and Rose must solve the mystery of the Clockwise Man before London itself is destroyed...

REVIEW: Well here I am, recently converted Whovian and I've now embarked on the journey of reading all of the novels for the new Doctor Who series. This book starts with the first Doctor of the revival played by Christopher Eccleston and his companion Rose, played by Billie Piper. I really only started out watching Doctor Who to get into the show, and got into I did as obviously now I'm reading these books because I can't get enough. There's so many stories possible in Doctor Who that they have so many books to read, so why not get my fix. So, about The Clockwise Man, it really wasn't the greatest book I'd read. The writing was a bit poor and it became really hard to follow at times. I really, really wanted to like it and get into the story because the "inhuman killers" were very interesting. The groundwork for a creepy story was there, but a multitude of characters clog up the cast and sometimes the action just doesn't come out very clearly on the page. By the end of the book however, the suspense was built up and everything was in place. The ending was pretty clean, quick, and easy. I knew that the Doctor would fix everything and wasn't in any true despair, but of course how often is he really out of luck? I enjoyed reading the first novel of the new Doctor Who series, but it just wasn't the greatest thing. I will continue to read them, and maybe the villains in this book will make a reappearance in the future because they're surely fitting to go up against The Doctor.

RATED : ( PG )
WRITING : ( 3 / 10 )
STORY : ( 4 / 10 )
COVER : ( 3 / 10 )
AWESOME : ( 4 / 10 )
FINAL RATING : ( 4 / 10 )

No comments:

Post a Comment