Friday, August 9, 2013

REVIEW: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Volume One

PLOT: Prince Adam sets out to reclaim the mantle of HE-MAN, a legendary power that he can wield for the powers of good. But around every turn the evil villain Skeletor seeks to destroy the young hero and keep him from finding his fellow Masters.

REVIEW: I don't know why I read this book because I'm not really familiar with He-Man, nor do I consider myself a fan of much anything like it. But it was a graphic novel and why not give it a read right? I do like the way the story unfolds from the beginning, with Prince Adam not knowing truly who he was until the sword gives him the power of He-Man. Skeletor has taken his memory away from him so he does not remember, but the lingering power that still dwells within him leads him to a new revelation about himself that pits him once again against Skeletor, the legendary villain of this universe. The art was pretty good, but it's truly not my kind of thing, this sword and shield type world. It was a pretty decent book, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it. It's a fun read, and probably a really entertaining graphic novel for fans of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Also, the web comic printed at the beginning of the book by Geoff Johns I actually really enjoyed.

WRITING : ( 7 / 10 )
ARTWORK : ( 8 / 10 )
STORY : ( 8 / 10 )
COVERS : ( 5 / 10 )
AWESOME : ( 6 / 10 )
FINAL RATING : ( 6 / 10 )

No comments:

Post a Comment